Bet of the day: Adam Rooney to strike first for Aberdeen in St Johnstone encounter
Lee Gormley | September 22, 2016
Coral’s bet of the day
- Aberdeen’s Adam Rooney netted the opener in 4-3 win over St Johnstone last term
- The Republic of Ireland call-up struck twice in that victory on the road
- Rooney has already dispatched three times this season, including against Celtic
- Aberdeen’s main man has netted past St Johnstone in last three straight campaigns
- The Irishman struck an impressive 20 times last season in all competitions
- Aberdeen are a point below their opponents in the Scottish Premiership table
Adam Rooney to score first at 7/2
The weekend is quickly approaching, but before then there is plenty of football action to keep fans and punters occupied, with Coral’s latest bet of the day featuring a Scottish Premiership clash between Aberdeen and St Johnstone.
This clash sees two team collide for vital top-flight points as they sit neck and neck in the standings, and Aberdeen’s main marksman Adam Rooney can be backed at a tasty 7/2 to open the scoring on his latest appearance.
The Republic of Ireland international call-up was in fine form last season for the Dons and has continued that clinical for eye goal into this current campaign, while he also boasts an impressive fixture record against his next opponents.
So, read on to find out exactly why you should back Rooney to score first for the hosts in this promising Scottish scuffle…
Clinical Rooney to maintain strong record
Aberdeen currently sit just a single point below St Johnstone in the Scottish Premiership table and are ahead of Rangers on goal-difference, meaning a victory here on home soil would propel them into a very promising position at this early stage.
Derek McInnes will be confident his team can get the job done at the Pittodrie Stadium, especially with his reliable frontman Rooney being in encouraging form yet again this season.
The deadly Dubliner netted the opener as part of a brace in the thrilling 4-3 fixture win last term, with the attacker having struck past St Johnstone for three successive campaigns. He will look to continue that record tonight, after three goals so far this term.
So, make sure not to miss out on Coral’s latest bet of the day for Rooney to score first at a superb 7/2!